At Sensory Solutions, our dedicated Speech-Language Pathologists provide various services to the pediatric population in our outpatient clinic and at home. We are licensed through Missouri and hold our Clinical Competency Certificates through the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA). Our scope of practice encompasses treating several types of disorders. These disorders include:
- - Speech sound production (e.g., Articulation, Apraxia of Speech, etc.)
- - Language (i.e., Expression and Comprehension, Social Skills, Literacy, Syntax, Semantics, Augmentative and Alternative - Communication Devices)
- - Cognition (i.e., Memory, Attention, Sequencing, Problem Solving, Executive Functioning)
- - Dysphagia (i.e., Swallowing) and Feeding (i.e., Oral motor to increase strength and range of motion of the oral musculature)
- - Orofacial myology (e.g., tongue thrust)
- - Resonance (i.e., hypernasality, hyponasality)
- - Voice (i.e., phonation, pitch, volume, respiration)
- - Fluency (i.e., stuttering, cluttering)
We provide therapy to a wide range of individuals with various diagnoses including, but not limited to:
- - Autism Spectrum Disorder
- - Down syndrome and other genetic disorders
- - ADD and ADHD
- - Learning Disabilities
- - Intellectual Disabilities
- - Hearing Loss/ Deafness
- - Traumatic Brain Injury
- - Cerebral Palsy
- - Developmental Disabilities
- - Cleft lip/palate
- - Neonatal problems (e.g., prematurity)
We offer several group therapy sessions that run continuously throughout the year. These groups are offered for all ages and include Social Skills groups, Articulation (Speech) groups, Food School, Language groups, Phonology groups, etc.
Speech therapy not only helps children learn to use language, but it enables parents/caregivers to become a part of the process while they are learning how to become their child’s Speech Therapist at home. After each session, the parent/caregiver is provided with a synapse of the session and informed and taught how and when to use the techniques.
Download our Red Flag lists for Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, or Occupational Therapy if you are still unsure if your child would benefit from therapy. If you still have questions please give us a call or set up an evaluation.
Please download and make sure you have ALL of the proper forms filled out and bring them with you to your appointment.
St. Louis Patients
New Patient Forms
New Patient Forms