Improves the child's functional ability to perform tasks in home, school, and community settings.
Helps children learn to use language, and includes parents/ caregivers in the process.
The primary goal is to provide adequate nutrient intake to support age appropriate growth and weight gain.
P.T. in the pool instead of in the clinic. Children work on the same goals as in a clinic environment, but in the water!
We are certified in iLs (Integrated Listening System)
iLs is based on the fact that we can change our brain – we can essentially re-wire it through specific and repeated stimulation, a concept known as neuroplasticity. As in building strength and endurance with physical exercise, we are able to build neurological pathways and synaptic activity at any age.
Children this will benefit:
Developmental Delays: improved strength, endurance and motor planning
- ADD/ ADHD: improvements in attention to task and decreased movement
- Autism: improvements in behaviors, sensory processing and language
- Down Syndrome: improvement in muscle tone and motor skills
- Sensory Processing Disorders: increased organization of sensory processing
- Communication Delays: improved speech, articulation, language and socialization
- Motor Delays: global improvements in fine and gross motor skills
- Auditory Processing: improvements in overall ability to process auditory input
- Feeding Disorders: improvement in oral motor function, decreased oral aversion and feeding skills
Graston Technique preferred provider Kaitlin Jaschek PT, DPT helps serve our patients with mainly Orthopedic injuries.
Graston Technique is a type of instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization technique that helps identify and treat dysfunctional soft tissue such as muscles, tendons, fascia, and ligaments. Graston Technique also helps with breaking up muscle adhesions and scar tissue after a surgery, which helps to increase range of motion and allows return to sport quicker.
Common injuries or disorders that could benefit from Graston Technique:
- Status post ACL reconstruction
- IT Band Syndrome
- Lower back pain and dysfunction
- Shin Splints
- Sacroiliac joint pain and dysfunction
- Status post rotator cuff surgery
- and many more
Please contact us for a physical therapy evaluation and let us know if you think your child would benefit from Graston Technique.